Most of the people prefer home remedies first for every disease in India. Home remedies for skin tightening are one of them. Natural products are good for the skin, but when we talk about internal body parts like Pancreas, We can’t try home remedies for treatment.
Pancreas is a major organ of the human body that is located in the abdomen. Shaped like a flat pear, the pancreas is surrounded by spleen, gall bladder, liver, small intestine, and stomach. Pancreas plays a crucial role in converting the food eaten by people into essential fuel that is needed by the cells of their body. The pancreas has two key functions − the endocrine function that regulates blood sugar and an exocrine function that facilitates the digestion process.
Pancreatic tumor, cholangiocarcinoma, pancreatic pseudocyst, and pancreatitis are some of the most debilitating ailments related to this organ. In case people face any problems related to this organ, it is imperative that they consult a good pancreas specialist in Delhi or some other city at once.
Here’s an overview of a severe illness of the pancreas − pancreatitis:
Pancreatitis is a severe ailment that causes inflammation of the pancreas. This pancreatic damage typically takes place when digestive enzymes are triggered prior to being released into the small intestine. In this situation, they end up attacking the pancreas.
There are two main types of pancreatitis − acute and chronic pancreatitis.
- Acute pancreatitis: This ailment results in a sudden but short-lived inflammation of the pancreas. Even though in several scenarios, this medical condition can only cause a mild discomfort, in more severe cases, acute pancreatitis can also be the source of life-threatening illness. Severe, acute pancreatitis can cause bleeding, infection, cyst formation, and serious tissue damage. This medical condition can also harm important organs of the body, such as the heart, the lungs, and the kidneys.
The common symptoms of acute pancreatitis are:
- Pain in the upper abdominal region that spreads to the back. This pain might be aggravated by the consumption of fat-heavy food items.
- Swelling and tenderness in the abdomen
- Long-lasting, high fever
- A noticeable increase in the heart-rate
- Severe nausea and unmanageable vomiting
2. Chronic pancreatitis: This ailment is caused due to the long-term inflammation of the pancreatic gland. At times, an episode of acute pancreatitis can also trigger this chronic medical condition. Consistent consumption of large quantities of alcohol is considered to be one of the biggest causes of this ailment. Alcohol abuse can, in fact, cause severe damage to the pancreas without resulting in any apparent symptoms for several years. In many cases, people might also unexpectedly develop the symptoms of severe pancreatitis at a relatively advanced age.
Here are some of the common symptoms of chronic pancreatitis:
- Consistent and long-lasting pain in the upper abdominal region of the body
- Diarrhea and nausea
- Severe weight-loss that is caused due to mal-absorption of food. This poor absorption is mostly caused by a reduction in the amount of digestive enzymes released.
- Damage to the insulin-producing cells of the pancreas which may cause diabetes
The Causes of Pancreatitis
Several factors can come together or contribute to the development of pancreatitis. Some of the risk factors of both acute and chronic pancreatitis include:
· Heavy use of alcohol
· Inherited metabolic disorders of the pancreas
· Autoimmune diseases and infections
· Cystic fibrosis and high triglycerides
It is important that people suffering from any type of pancreatitis consult a reputed gastroenterologist or pancreas specialist in Delhi or any other metro city in order to acquire the best possible treatment for this medical condition.