Gateway to Garhwal Himalayas, Rishikesh, is one of the most popular tourist hubs of North India. This hilly town is especially renowned for being the “Yoga and Adventure Capital” of India. Travellers from the country and abroad visit Rishikesh to explore this enchanting land of spirituality, adventure, and natural beauty. There are several reasons that make visiting Rishikesh a good idea, some of them being:
• A place to learn meditation and yoga: Rishikesh houses some of the best ashrams and healing centers of the world, where people can learn authentic yoga and meditation techniques. Engaging in meditation and yoga can go a long way in augmenting the physical and mental well-being of oneself. There are multiple places in Rishikesh that offer Ayurveda therapies and treatments as well. Such treatments can aid people to orderly relax their mind, heart, and soul, away from the chaos of modern city life.
• A place to enjoy thrilling adventure sports: Rishikesh is a perfect vacationing destination for adventure seekers. People can find numerous thrilling and exciting activities to indulge in this Himalayan town. This tourist hub is especially popular for the incredible white water rafting opportunities available there. Bungee jumping, cliff jumping, and mountain cycling are some of the most popular activities in Rishikesh among adrenaline junkies.
• A place to visit intriguing landmarks: No holiday is fully complete without going on an enjoyable sightseeing tour. Rishikesh houses several interesting and attractive landmarks and sites for the tourists to visit and explore. Rajaji National Park, Ram and Laxman Jhula, and the Beatles Ashram are some of the most famous landmarks of Rishikesh.
• A place to enjoy a stay in luxury hotels: Choosing a comfortable hotel to book their stay in is one of the major priorities of any vacationer. Being a key tourist center, Rishikesh does not have any dearth of premium hotels and resorts where the guests can enjoy their stay in the lap of luxury. The best luxury resorts in Rishikesh are renowned for offering absolutely best-in-class services and are well-equipped with a plethora of modern amenities such as a fine-dining restaurant, spa facility, and an infinity swimming pool.
• A place to taste scrumptious delicacies: When on a vacation, travellers typically desire to enjoy delectable culinary delights that soothe their taste buds. At Rishikesh, people can enjoy a plethora of
heart-warming dishes and beverages. The best luxury resorts in Rishikesh additionally feature in-house restaurants that serve indigenous dishes originating from Garhwali and Kumaon homes. The dishes served in these establishments are generally made from fresh, seasonal local ingredients.
• A place to indulge in a delightful shopping therapy: Rishikesh is an incredible destination to shop for souvenirs, antiques, and crafts. At the local and flea markets of this town, people can find a plethora of attractive handicrafts, precious headpieces, and distinguished artistic objects. Rows of quaint little shops can be found in Rishikesh, which sell beautiful wooden handicrafts, authentic Madhubani artwork, enthralling sequin tapestries, as well as grand jewelries made up of precious and semi-precious stones.
All of the above-mentioned factors make Rishikesh a perfect tourist destination that people should definitely visit once in their lifetime.